Your Support Worker should:
- Complete the tasks set out in your support plan;
- Arrive as near as possible to the time stated in the care plan. If, however they are delayed by an emergency or road conditions every effort will be made to contact you;
- Wear a uniform with the Drake Homecare logo badge and carry a photo identity card;
- Be polite and courteous;
- Maintain a good standard of appearance;
- Keep all your personal and financial matters strictly confidential;
- Respect your rights and dignity and promote your independence at all times;
- Respond to changes in your needs and help to put you in touch with other agencies when necessary;
- Show respect for your home, belongings , personal preferences and personal standards of behaviour.
- Have the knowledge, skills competence to carry out their work with you.
If you have concerns about any aspect of these or other sections of your care package, feel free to contact the management team using the contact form or call us using the numbers on the 'Contact Us' page.
The Quality of Service to You
Drake Homecare always seeks to ensure you get the best possible care at all times. Staff undertake quality assurance visits and quality control checks. These visits enable us to improve services by acting upon your feedback. Every six months a Team Manager or senior Support Worker will visit you to ensure that your needs and expectations are being met. You will have the opportunity to talk with them directly and have a friend or relative present. You may also contact any of the team at the Head Office at any time to express any views or concerns.
Once a year, you will also be given a questionnaire asking you to record your satisfaction or otherwise with the care/ support you are receiving. The results of the survey will be collated and presented to the senior management group and a copy will be forwarded to Care Quality Commission.
Either a Team Manager or a senior Support Worker will also undertake a quality control check on all Support Workers. This involves them visiting and assessing Support Workers on duty to monitor the support we deliver. If this visit is planned to take place in your home, we will contact you to discuss this and seek your consent.